5.05.2013

One Year Since My Last Post: A Quick Update!

I know I have mentioned it before, but I am a bad blogger.  I come to realize I have the same syndrome with blogging as I do with laundry. I get busy, projects/ laundry pile up, I get overwhelmed by that, I neglect them more,  pile gets bigger, and before I know it I have mountains of laundry and Todd is yelling at me about having no underwear.  Well, similar minus the underwear part. 
Basically, I have not blogged in just over a year! Yikes! Told you I was bad.  So much has gone on and changed.  We are in a completely different place in life.  It would be too overwhelming to post it all so I have made a list of highlights.  Hopefully with it all out in the open I will take this as a fresh start and blog about one thing at a time now.  Probably not.
In the past year…
I graduated nursing school, passed my NCLEX, and landed my dream job as an Oncology ICU/ Stem Cell Transplant nurse at Banner Gateway! I never dreamed that I would even have a job in a hospital as a new grad let alone one that has afforded me so many additional learning opportunities.
Todd went back to school full time as a dietetics student and is getting straight A’s. The plan is for him to go to PA school but we will see how that works out.  Right now he’s just focusing on getting his Registered Dietician license.
I have worked on a few pieces of furniture for myself, friends, and family. Made bunting, garland, wreaths, lamp shades, cut off shorts, painted our room and redecorated the guestroom.
We went on a spectacular trip to Las Vegas with my parents for our birthdays last year and to celebrate my graduation.  We made several trips to California to see Todd’s family; visiting Catalina, Huntington, some alfalfa festival to see third eye blind, birthdays, an annual Christmas party and a shower.
We searched and searched and finally found a new couch.  Leather was a requirement with our pups. 
We celebrated family birthdays, our birthdays, our four year anniversary, and plenty other holidays.
Dusty, our goofy golden doodle, joined the family.
My parents treated us to the most amazing trip to Hawaii. Which included and ocean front room, a luau, paddle boarding, a sunset dinner cruise, ziplining, and plenty of tanning, swimming and eating. The best parts, other than our whole family being there together, were definitely when whales came only a few feet from out paddle boards and the trip up to Haleakala to watch the sunset then biking the 30 some odd miles back down!
I am currently in the process of growing my annual giant sunflowers.
I have been working four and even five days some of the past few weeks as we have been preparing for and received out first stem cell transplant patient.
Almost every day the past year has been a reminder how blessed we are.  We have definitely had our struggles and stressful moments, but even then, working too much, having too much homework, and not knowing what flooring to decide on are all good problems to have.
So there ya go! The last year in 480 words ;)
It is amazing what 12 months can do.  I feel like we are finally out of the woods. Since we got engaged the plan was get married, get into school, finish school, get a real job. Once that finally happened Todd was working and going to school full time and I was in class and working so much we barely even had time to do anything else.  
Since we were 17 and 19 we have both had tunnel vision to make it to that goal, normal adult life (if there is such a thing?).  But, it finally feels like we have made it.  Like we are through the tunnel and I can actually see what's behind the light we have been running towards. It's an awesome feeling.  So now what!?
There are lots of other exciting adventures in store for the Pages in the next coming months so stay tuned! I will do my best to stay on top of this thing to keep everyone in the loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment