4.17.2011

The First Post!

Ah!  The first post! So after months and months of blog-stalking and drooling over amazing photography, DIY projects, design, and just the day to day of friend, family, and people I don’t personally know (Todd thinks I’m a creep, really I’m just curious) I have decided to start my own blog, obviously the week before finals because I am looking to do anything other than study.  The main ideas is to keep family updated on our ever changing lives but also to motivate myself to do something about the burning desire to start refinishing furniture! Random I know, but after spending hours “researching” I think I can do it!  Currently I am waiting to pick up a dining room table and 6 chairs from Jake at Dusty Gem Décor (http://dustygemdecor.blogspot.com/).  I wouldn’t have trusted myself to start my adventure with an easily 100 year old table with amazing detail that once belonged to Todd's great or great-great grandma so I left it in his very capable hands.  I am so excited to see the end result! Todd actually bought me an electric sander for my birthday (along with Katy Perry tickets!!!!) and I am in the process of researching different types of paint sprayers, my next purchase.  So if anyone comes across free furniture on the side of the road let me know!! That is it for now, hopefully I’ll be back to post again J

2 comments:

  1. i have a blogspot tooooo. i've only made 2 posts thought because i don't have time. and i'm forgetful. i'll start using mine if you use yours? is todd going with you to katy perry??? you should spare him the trouble and just take meeeeeee. stoked about your pillows. they will happen between may 12-31st during my "summer".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following you!! Use it! and as of now he is coming he has a crush on her but if he changes his mind or has to work you would be my only other choice! Hooray for pillows too!!

    ReplyDelete