4.27.2011

A One Week Break!

Hooray! I have finished finals and am enjoying my one week break as well as celebrating the fact that I will be a nurse in 1 year!! I can count in months now!! April 20th 2012 you cannot come quickly enough.  As nice as it is to have a break, one week is just enough to make me stress over if I should be resting or getting a million things done because it is not long enough for both.  Also, Todd’s new work schedule of 4pm-12am is a real bummer.  I miss him and he is not her to make me dinner L Let me brag real quick though that he was home tonight and made me deep dish pepperoni pizza from scratch.  It was wonderful, we at this pizza at my newly refinished table.  After a long wait, it finally arrived and I couldn’t be happier with it.  Last night I got motivated and recovered all the cushions with a fabric Todd’s mom had after we went to Joann’s when they were closing and spent 25 bucks on a fabric I guess is not meant to go on chairs. I’m still learning. 
Before



After






Just trying out some ideas 



I was way too timid to take on that beast as a refinishing newb but I did find some sad stools my mother-in-law bought us our first Christmas as a married couple.  They were great at that time but after they have been used and abused as ladders, pup stands, TV trays, and many other uses and they were not looking so pretty.  So I gave it my first shot.  I had some old green exterior oops paint from Wal-Mart I had used in my bedroom and that was about it.  I sanded it down (this was again a first, and in the kitchen) and started painting.  I tried a brush first but it wasn’t smooth enough so I ended up using a cheapy black foam one.  I gave it three coats and let it dry over night.  The next day I sanded it down (again in my kitchen) and gave it a mild distressing.  I didn’t have any glaze but I wanted that look so I used what I had, some type of orange exterior fence stain/ water proofer.  It got extra sticky so I had to scrub really hard to get it off.  After that dried I finally took it outside and sprayed it with a few coats of poly and went to bed.  When I woke up I ran outside to see what I had created, I had done most of it after 11:00 and in the dark, and fell in love!  I did the second one that day in a total of 2 hours and it made me just as happy as the second one.
Before

After




Before 


After



Next I plan to add an old sheet as a stripe to my poor shrunken curtains and use the rest to put in a frame in the living room.  Hooray for having time off J even if it’s just a little. Oh, and I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter.  We did, with lots of family, hardboiled eggs, Easter bread, cherry chip pancakes and pasta.

A sleepy Mosey girl in her daddys shirt, he thinks his sent calms her haha


My mom's amazing Easter Bread :)


1 comment:

  1. The table looks sooo good! I want mine to look like that! Great job on the stools too. I thought they were yellow at first, but I guess they are a light green? I'm glad you have some extra time this week to do some of your projects- fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete