5.22.2011

Your Attitude is the Easiest Thing to Change

Holy Moly! Tomorrow I start my 4th week back at school which means on Friday I will only have 12 weeks until I only have 32 weeks of school left!! It was difficult getting back into the swing of things after only one week off.  I tend to find myself thinking, and most of the time, actually saying out loud, not so positive things.  Going to Pima Medical Institute is pure abuse (most of the time).  I have determined that it takes a very, very special heart to teach nursing.  Most nurses make more money working the floor than they do in the classroom so you would think it would be something people want to do right? WRONG! I have been lucky to encounter instructors in my life who were passionate about what they were teaching and passionate about their students learning.  This is not the case for more than a few teachers at Pima.  Blah!

So not only in school was I negative I was that way at home too.  It stinks that Todd works from 4pm-12am and 2-3 days a week in the morning too.  It stinks that my dogs shed more than any other animal in the world.  It stinks that I seem to be tired all the time. Most of all is stinks when Todd and I can’t seem to communicate effectively. Again, Blah!!

So I was at work a couple weeks ago and Evan was upset about having to do writing above and beyond his homework (he's a six year old who's way smarter than me, most of the time).  So out of nowhere I said "Hey buddy, we have to do this writing.  Your attitude is the easiest thing to change." Well I seriously felt like I had slapped myself in the face.  I am the one who needs to change my attitude.  Yeah school stinks, but I am learning, becoming a better person, and in less than a year I will be done! Yeah it sucks I never see my husband but I appreciate him so much.  He is working so hard so that I can do well in school and follow my dreams.  Yeah it stinks that we are tired and grumpy and get in little fights but hey I can change that easily, all I have to do is have a better attitude and not be so selfish.  After all I love my husband more than anything in this whole entire world!

It seems like so many people we know are experiencing difficult and trying times and all I want to do is kick them in the pants and say change your attitude!!  These are the times that really show your character.  So I have made a conscious decision to be better J a better wife, a better daughter, a better student, a better friend, and a better whatever else I need to be and I am really excited about it.



The Loves of My Life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment